- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Let's learn about colonics
Colonics are also known by other names such as "colon lavage", "colon hydrotherapy" or "high colonic".
A colon irrigation is a safe, effective method for cleansing the colon of waste material by repeated, gentle flushing with water
Specifically, a colonic is used to accomplish the following...
- It Cleanses the Colon: Toxic Material is broken down and removed from your body, once this is done your colon can begin to cooperate as it was meant to.
- It Exercises the Colon Muscles: The build up of toxic debris weakens the colon muscles and impairs it's functioning.
- It Reshapes the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape and structure which in turn cause more health problems.
- It Stimulates Reflex Points: Every system and organ in the body is connected to the colon by reflex points.
- It Hydrates the Body: Our bodies are made up 60-70 percent water. With the use of pure water in the colonic, our bodies are able to absorb much needed clean and pure water to hydrate the cells of the body, so that they can function at a higher rate as well as dilute the toxins that are already present within the body.
Please call our office to set up your consult with a Certified Colon Therapist when you are ready.
What is it?
This computerized tool for analyzing and documenting the Qi (or life energy) flowing through the body’s pathways, provides acupuncturists with objective insight into a patient’s overall condition that can’t be gotten any other way.
What is it used for?
The Acugraph presents a physical “snapshot” (see illustration below) of energy imbalances and allows our Austin acupuncturist to formulate a precise treatment plan. That plan can be the meridian therapy that is with a hair-like needle in the points that are needed that will be indicated by the charts, Acupressure, the pressure put on certain points of the body, or with a cold laser, that the doctors can explain on where to point and how often.
What do I need to do?
AcuGraph gathers its information and it's a simple, two-minute exam, with measurement points located on the hands and feet for speed and convenience. You just need to take your shoes and socks off and hold on the other part of the equipment the Doctor, the computer does all the work while your body tells them what is going on.
Upon exam completion, the Acugraph technology provides the most accurate exam verification and interpretation available. AcuGraph displays exam results in nine different graph styles, each masterfully designed to convey precise information in an easy-to-read format. Your Chiropractor will explain and show your results to you.
AcuGraph includes an extensive library of acupuncture points, patterns, and treatments to help design the most effective treatment plan.
How can I get an appointment or other information like cost?
Please call our office at 314-402-4447 to find the best time that suits you as well as our doctors scheduled hours, we also can go over the cost of an appointment with you. Hope you call us soon.